Around the third birthday of your child you'll receive a form from the council (voorkeursformulier voor de basisschool) and a brochure with the explanation about the admission policy.
At our school we organize multiple informaition sessions.
Your child has priority on the eight nearest schools. Which schools these are is determind by the walking distance between your child's official home adress and the primary school.
When you enter your child's home adress and date of birth on www.schoolwijzer.amsterdam.nl, you will see whether our school is a priority school for your child.
What to do
If our school is your first preference, please submit the preference form (not a copy or scan) to our school.
The name, date of birth and home address of your child are pre-printed on this form. If it contains errors, please change it on the form.
Enter at least five primary schools in order of preference. Put your first preference at number 1; put at number 2 the school you choose next, and so on. You can choose both priority schools and non-priority schools.
Note: Even if an older brother or sister is already at our school, it is necessary that you submit this form to us. In this case, it is not necessary to specify multiple preferences.
The form must also be handed in if your child attends the pre-school of the school.
Submit the completed and signed form to our school. As soon as we have processed your preference form, we will send you proof of registration (by post/mail).
Please check this proof of registration and contact us immediately if there is an error.
In some cases it is necessary to show documentary evidence at registration. This applies in the following situations:
- your child has a VVE yes indication;
- your child attends an IKC;
- the pre-printed residential address on the preference form is incorrect;
- you use a preference form without pre-printed personal data of your child (blank form).
No preference form?
If you do not have a preference form, you can download it from the website of the school boards: bboamsterdam.nl. You can also get this form at our school. In this case, always take proof of address with you, so that we can check your child's address and personal details.
Due dates for the preference form
The date on which the preference form must be submitted depends on your child's date of birth. The deadlines are for:
- children born between September 1 and December 31, 2019 March 9, 2023
- children born between January 1 and April 30, 2020 June 1, 2023
- children born between 1 May and 31 August 2020 November 2, 2023
A place in primary school
After the submission date, the urban placement of all registered children will be automated in March, June and November under the responsibility of the school boards. If there are enough places in a school, all registered children will be placed.
In recent years, more than 90% of children have been given a place in their first preference school. When there are more children registered at a school than there are places, lots is required. If your child is drawn at our school, he/she will be eligible for the following preferred school(s) you specify. Each child will be offered a place at the highest possible school of your choice.
Places are allocated in all schools in the following order. For the 1st preference, this goes as follows:
- An older brother or sister will be attending school when your child turns 4; your child has a place guarantee.
- The child has a VVE yes indication and follows pre-school education at the pre-school affiliated with the school and has the school as a priority school;
- The child goes to an Integral Child Center (IKC) twice a week for at least 8 months and has the school as a priority school.
- The child's parent is employed at the school for an indefinite period.
- The child has the school as a priority school.
- The child has no priority at this school.
After that, the registered children who did not come to the 1st preference will be placed as follows:
- The child has a priority school as 2nd to 10th preference.
- The child has a non-priority school as 2nd to 10th preference.
- The child lives outside Amsterdam.
In recent years we have placed almost all registered children.
Sign up and register
After placement you will receive a letter from the school where your child can be placed. This letter states the latest date on which you must inform the school that you want to use this place reserved for your child. Make sure you do this registration on time. Only then does your child have a permanent place at this school; the official registration follows as soon as it is 4 years old and starts at school.
If during this registration interview it appears that your child needs special care that our school cannot offer, it may be decided not to admit your child. In consultation with the parents, our school will then arrange for another school that can provide this care.
For questions about the admission policy, you can also contact the helpdesk of the BBO (the joint school boards) tel. 020 716 3801 or email@example.com On the website of the BBO bboamsterdam.nl you will also find more information about the available capacity and the results of past placements.